North Africa Cultural Mobility Map is a research project about mobility initiatives for artists, writers and researchers from all over the world interested in traveling to or within North Africa. Our aim is to promote a better understanding of the cultural and socio-politic context of the region while at the same time strengthen cultural dialogue and collaboration between north african counties.
In order to achieve these goals the project will facilitate:
- A county by country database of mobility programs operating in the region.
- Video interviews to different Artist in Residency Programs coordinators.
- Information about networking andfunding opportunities.
- A resources section with Artist in Residency Networks and other useful websites.
- A research tool with relevant on-line, bibliography, creative projects and experiences on the topic of cultural mobility in North Africa.
North Africa Cultural Mobility Map is by no means a complete project but an open and organic on-line portal. Its aim is to become an info-platform and a space from where to discuss the traditions and contradictions, interests and imbalances of cultural mobility in the region.